Friday, July 6, 2012

I'm in trouble.

Big trouble.
On two different sides of the spectrum.

1. This baby never stops moving. And we are talking pinball type movement here. From one side to the other, up and down, flips and rolls, all at the same time.

My thoughts are that this does not bode well for when he is his own person in this world.

We also learned recently that he has received the "stubborn" gene from one or both of his parents. This also does NOT bode well for his mother.

We had to go in for a second sonogram because they couldn't see the end of his spine the first time. With the talk about how much he moves, I assumed this would be a very quick deal. WRONG. He was comfortable and refused to move. So I moved. From my back to one side, then to the other, then to my back, then to my side again, all while the sonographer (?) is jabbing and jostling my stomach with the wand-y thing. Still nothing. Stubborn. Little. Man. We finally got the angle we needed (after basically taking my pants off and me moving in awkward ways) and all is well, but while we were waiting on the little prince she asked us if we wanted to see him in 3D.

This is where the second way I am in trouble comes in.

2. This face...


This blurry (the umbilical cord is going right across his eyes), grainy, alien-ish face that has an uncanny resemblance to my dad (the square little jaw and predominate cheek bones, not to mention the bald) that I can NOT stop staring at. It has rocked my world.

I am MADLY IN LOVE. Way bad time.

Any fear or doubt in regards to having an ugly baby and or not loving him to the ends of the earth have all been dissolved by this little sneak peek. Who knows if he will actually look anything like this, but it's too late, I am already completely smitten.

In summation, I am counting on my troubles working together. Hopefully because I am so crazy in love with him I will not want to kill him for being a stubborn, Tasmanian devil. :) Heaven help me!

6 comments:

  1. Great Blog--GLAD ALL IS WELL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little picture of mini Todd! HOW EXCITING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you will have your hands full, so fun! Send me an email so I can invite you to my blog (whit782@hotmail.com).

    ReplyDelete